Aantal uren: Full time
Vervaldatum: 15 januari
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organisation, which offers social and financial education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula, for different age groups, which are contextualised to local needs and specific circumstances, and are implemented by over 200 partner organizations in 109 countries, reaching 5.4 million children.
Aflatoun has been recognised globally (Brookings and Harvard) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has demonstrated to be effective in changing behaviours of its participants across the globe. Aflatoun International has been ranked at the 29th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform.
The Resource Mobilisation Manager will be responsible for seeking new sources of funding and nurturing existing funding relationships. They will work with global funding organisations, corporations and governments to mobilise resources to enable the Aflatoun programme to operate globally. He/ she will work closely with the Programmes Team and will report directly to the Director Resource Mobilisation and Communications.
- Lead on proposal opportunities;
- Coordinate all aspects of fund management;
- Prepare timely narrative and financial reports for donors;
- Specific responsibility for managing income and expenditure budgets on programmatic and project budgets;
- Represent the team in cross-organisational working groups;
- Manage the budget process for each bid;
- Willingness to present the organisation to various stakeholders during meetings and conferences;
- Ensure compliance with Dutch/EU law and any other regulatory frameworks which may be introduced.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in related subject (e.g. Masters in international development, Masters in Education, Masters in Child Development);
- 5 or more years of professional international work experience in the nonprofit sector or corporate sector, preferably in the field of children’s education & development;
- Experience in writing successful funding proposals and applications to trusts, foundations and corporations;
- Excellent communicative and social skills and the ability to learn quickly on the job;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team characterized by diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Self-driven with a high sense of creativity, quality, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines;
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, French, Arabic or Spanish is an advantage;
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office;
- Creative and proactive attitude and willingness to preserver to get results;
- Valid work papers and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Fundraising Manager Application, no later than January 15, 2019. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact the HR Assistant Chitra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via email@example.com, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.
Ook een vacature plaatsen? Klik hier.