Aantal uren: 38 uur
Vervaldatum: 19 maart
Netherlands Leprosy Relief/Leprastichting is dedicated to control leprosy worldwide and to mitigate its consequences. We are active in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We focus on early detection, treatment to break the chain of infection, prevention of disability, and inclusion to allow former patients to fully participate in society again. We work closely together with local civil society organisations and governments. Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) has approximately 50,000 individual supporters and 1,000 volunteers in the Netherlands. The 20 employees at the international office in Amsterdam work within the departments of Individual Giving & Communication, Programmes, Technical Support and Finance. We have offices in seven other countries with a total of 60 employees. Presently NLR is undergoing a decentralisation process, which is leading to stronger country offices. Part of this strategy is the strengthening of their fundraising capacity.
NLR is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to set up partnerships and build fundraising capacity of five of our country offices in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mozambique and Nepal. You are someone who takes initiative, excels in developing ideas into concrete results and enjoys sharing your fundraising knowledge and experience with others. As Partnership Development Officer you are based at the international office in Amsterdam and are part of our dedicated institutional fundraising unit, within the Programme department, with ambitious fundraising goals. You report to the Senior Partnership Development Officer. The institutional fundraising unit works closely with colleagues from our country offices and all departments at the international office.
Building partnerships and raising funds for NLR’s work:
- You develop high quality programme proposals for foundations, governments, multilaterals and other organisations;
- You coordinate project teams during the proposal development stage;
- You play a role in starting, building and managing new partnerships, which lead to concrete results;
- Together with colleagues in Amsterdam and in the country offices, you help develop new concepts for proposals;
- You keep colleagues up to date on relevant developments in institutional fundraising and contribute to the internal key success factors for fundraising.
- You support and coach local fundraisers and others at the offices in their fundraising efforts which leads to concrete results;
- You work together with country offices on donor cultivation, proposal development, donor stewardship and donor compliance.
- You are someone who pro-actively translates ideas into action and enjoys bringing the right people together, to lead to successful fundraising results.
- Cultural sensitivity comes as second nature to you and you have a hands-on attitude to get things done.
- When the pressure is on, you know how to keep your head cool and you remain accurate in your work.
- You are willing to travel.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven successful experience in partnership building, writing funding proposals, donor stewardship and donor compliance
- Demonstrated experience on coordinating project groups
- A relevant and useful network
- Working experience in Latin America, Africa or Asia is a preference
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Dutch is a preference
- You are an EU national, or have permission to work in the Netherlands
- In line with the mission of the organisation, applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
- The opportunity to work within a motivated team with an outstanding track record in evidence based leprosy work;
- Lots of space for your own initiative;
- A competitive salary with a maximum of € 4,631 gross per month;
- A full time position with a 38-hour work week;
- A contract for one year with the possibility of extension;
- Our international office is located within short walking distance from Amsterdam Amstel Station;
- Pension at Pension Fund Zorg and Welzijn (PFZW);
- NLR has its own attractive employment conditions scheme.
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Lesley White, Senior Partnerships Development Officer, on +31 6 21364771. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to Lesley White at vacaturesNLR@leprastichting.nl by Monday 19 March at the latest.
No agencies please