Functie: Manager Communications
Aantal uren: 32-36 uur
Vervaldatum: 10 juni
Wemos is an independent civil society organization that aims to improve health worldwide. We advocate the right to health for everyone, and believe that governments should ensure that the right health conditions are in place for their citizens: access to health care and protection against threats to health.
We work closely with other civil society organizations, knowledge institutes and media in the Netherlands as well as abroad. For our programmes, we join forces with national and international networks and organizations that, just like us, work towards improving public health globally. The current specific advocacy focus of Wemos is on strengthening health systems to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC) – in particular looking at an equitable health workforce, adequate financing models and accessible and affordable medicines for everyone – following the internationally adopted agenda of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Communications Manager plays a strategic role in Wemos’ public profiling and positioning in order to achieve our advocacy objectives. The core of the communication work is to stimulate, encourage and support the programme teams in developing lobby and advocacy products and documenting the results of our work.
Presently we are looking for a proactive and highly motivated
Manager Communications (32-36 hours/week)
If you are looking for a position where you can make a true contribution with your communications skills and knowledge, and are eager to further strengthen a globally oriented NGO with an intrinsically motivated team of global health advocates and supporting staff, then this job is for you!
You will be in charge of the Communications strategy and manage a team of 2-3 communication officers. You will work closely with the programme teams in translating complex global health issues into attractive texts and visuals. You will have space for innovation and experiment, while we also expect you to create new opportunities for Wemos’ visibility. Next to this, you will contribute to Wemos’ fundraising by managing our donor relations. Furthermore, we would like you to further strategize our media approach. As member of the Management Team, you are a sparring partner to the Director, Manager Health Systems and Manager Financing & Operations.
· Responsible for developing, steering and executing Wemos’ communication strategy, in close collaboration with the programme teams;
· Responsible for the coordination and management of communication activities according to the annual work plan;
· Analysing relevant trends and developments in communication and converting them to Wemos’ activities;
· Final editing of reports and publications;
· Donor relation management
· Strategizing Wemos’ media approach;
· Co-designing visual materials and coordinating the production and distribution;
· Responsible for cost and time effective activity planning;
· Communication budget planning and monitoring;
· Strengthening Wemos’ image and visibility;
· Managing the Communications team.
Position in the organization
The Manager Communications is supervised by the Director. The Manager will be part of the Management Team.
Knowledge and skills
· Academic working and thinking level;
· Affinity with global health issues and advocacy;
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the field of Communication;
· At minimum 5 years experience in a similar management position in the non-profit sector;
· Demonstrable text writing and editing skills;
· Fully fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken;
· Experience with working with the media;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Communication and fundraising network in the Netherlands;
We consider it as a big plus if you also have:
· Knowledge of the main global health issues;
· Media network (Dutch/international);
· Working experience in low and/or middle-income countries with non-governmental organizations (we implement our programmes in partnership with African CSOs).
What we offer
· An enthusiastic team of Global Health Advocates, communications specialists and organizational support;
· An inspiring internationally oriented organization currently located in Amsterdam;
· A 36-hours/week in case of a full-time contract;
· An initial one year contract, with the possibility of extension in case of well functioning;
· A salary based on experience and background.
Submit your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to email@example.com on 10 June 2018 at the latest. The first interviews will be held in the week of 18 June 2018.
For further information, please contact Director Mariëlle Bemelmans, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 020 435 20 50.
- in Vacatures
Manager Communications bij Wemos
4 juni 2018, 15:00
Functie: Manager Communications Organisatie: Wemos Aantal uren: 32-36 uur Locatie: Amsterdam Vervaldatum: 10 juni