Organisatie: UNICEF Nederland
Aantal uren: 8-16 uur
Vervaldatum: 01 mei
Background: On 6 September 2017, hurricane Irma wreaked havoc in the Caribbean. The island of Sint Maarten was heavily affected with 90% of structures damaged. Sint Maarten is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Shortly after the storm, UNICEF Netherlands conducted postdisaster needs assessments on St. Maarten in the area of education and child protection from a children's rights perspective. Based on the assessments findings, UNICEF Netherlands formulated related recommendations with corresponding activities. UNICEF Netherlands is implementing several of the formulated activities in 2018 in coordination with relevant ministries and departments within the Government of St. Maarten. The main components of the programme are:
- Psychosocial support (implementing Return to Happiness methodology)
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response in both the education and child protection sectors
- Life skills for children and youth through sports
UNICEF Netherlands is looking for a Freelance Communications specialist - based on Sint Maarten 8-16 hours a week on average until end December 2018. We are looking for an experienced communications professional to manage communications for this programme. The objective of our communications strategy is to show results for children on Sint Maarten to various audiences on Sint Maarten and in the Netherlands and strengthen support for UNICEF’s work and objectives. Our main communications channels are unicef.nl, Facebook, Twitter and free publicity.
Purpose of the assignment:
- Produce content Produce content on the programme: human interest stories, articles (web and print), images, videos and vlogs.
- Manage the UNICEF Sint Maarten Facebook and Twitter accounts including webcare on our dedicated social media accounts and respond to comments and questions from the followers.
- Maintain public relations Act as main contact point for media requests, identify opportunities for free publicity, maintain network with relevant media, issue press releases as relevant and needed.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience in producing content for multi-media purposes and public relations
- Knowledge of children’s rights and UNICEF programming in post-disaster contexts a plus
- Demonstrated experience in interviewing children
- Knowledge and understanding of St. Maarten’s complex multi-cultural and multi-national demographic, culturally sensitive
- Network within Sint Maarten’s media landscape
- Able to work without close supervision;
- Proficiency of standard office software (Word, Excel, Power Point) and experienced in photo and video editing
- At ease working in multi-cultural working environments and dealing with people having a different academic or cultural background;
- Proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Creole a plus.
- The successful candidate will be engaged until end December 2018 and starting as soon as possible.
- The consultant shall work as part of a core 3-member team based on Sint Maarten.
- The work shall be performed on Sint Maarten, supervised by a communications advisor of the UNICEF office in The Hague.
- A reference check is part of the procedure.
- Payment shall be done based on invoices for the work performed.
Informeren en solliciteren
Potential candidates are invited to express their interest by submitting their CV, letter of motivation, availability and daily rate by 30 April 2018 to: Marieke Roelfsema, project lead Sint Maarten, email@example.com. Our society is colorful and UNICEF Netherlands is that too. UNICEF strives to ensure that its employees are a reflection of society and the international character of the organization. When selecting our employees, we do not distinguish between origin, gender or religion.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.
►Vacature ingevuld? Laat het ons weten via firstname.lastname@example.org, dan nemen we je nieuwe collega op in onze rubriek Movers.